This week we have a Provocative Question asking us to look forward, a question we got asked a lot during interviews and during college scheduling meetings.
Where do you see yourself five years from now? I have no idea. So many factors come into play here and ignoring the obvious that it is not in my hands, it is in His.
I would like to imagine, however, that in 5 years, I am
- still married to the most-amazing man;
- my daughters are settled and happy;
- my grandsons healthy and secure;
- my father still healthy and strong;
- my sister and her family thriving;
- still working efficiently at my job; and,
- benefiting from my work with the naturopath in managing to take back my life.
In five years, I will be on the precipice of retirement age and would be considering what lies ahead in the NEXT five years, God Willing. At least I think I will be near retirement age, what is retirement age nowadays…seems the closer I get the further away “they” move it.
Five years is a blink of an eye nowadays and we shall see what “tomorrow” brings. I would say I am looking forward to it.